Friday, August 4, 2017

#TheReadingQuest TBR

Hey y’all! So, I know I already posted my August TBR, but I found out about this awesome read-a-thon called #TheReadingQuest and I decided to join in! It begins on Sunday, August 13th and runs until Sunday, September 10. This is one of the coolest and most intricate reading challenges I have ever heard of, so I cannot wait to start! To find out more about the rules and how it all works, you can check out the original post here.
Part of the challenge is picking a character and following that chosen path to see what types of books to read! I have chosen (drum roll please) the Mage path! You can see the game board at the top of this post, but for more instructions on the types of paths and the challenges, check out the original post. The path of the Mage is all about magical books, so I am so excited to knock out some of the fantasies on my TBR! I will also plan on participating in most of the side challenges (the squares in the middle), but I don’t know how many I will get through. If you want to see my TBR, or need any ideas for your own, just keep on reading!
Challenge #1: A book with a one word title. I will be reading (the) Diviners by Libba Bray.
Challenge #2: A book that contains magic. I am planning on reading Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake!
Challenge #3: A book based on mythology. I am hoping to read Magnus Chase and the Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordain.
Challenge #4: A book set in a different world. I am going to read Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo!
Challenge #5: The first book of a series. I would like to read Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo, which is the first in the Six of Crows duology, for this one!
Bonus challenges (Side Quests):
  1. Potions- A book concocted by 2+ authors. I would love to get to My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows.
  2. Time warp- A book set in either the past or the future. I am going to read Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray.
  3. Expansion- Read a companion novel or short story. I have been wanting to read Magnus Chase's Guide to Hotel Valhalla for a while now, so this is my chance!
  4. Grind- Read a book with 500+ pages. I am really, really hoping to read Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas, but it comes out September 5th, so I don’t know if it’ll make it in. If not, I’m sure I can figure something else out!
  5. Respawn- Read a book you had previously DNF’d. I would like to read Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer by Rick Riordian. I had DNF’d this a while ago, but I don’t know why because I was really enjoying it and I want to continue on with the series.
  6. Open world- Whatever you want. I am going  to leave this open as a freebie for whenever I need a break.
I will be tweeting and instagram storying (is that a verb...) my daily progress over on my twitter (@aboundingbooks) and Instagram (@katiesaboundingbooks). be sure to follow me there! I will also do a weekly wrap-up every Saturday on this blog!
Also, big thanks to CW of Read, Think, Ponder for the awesome artwork for this read-a-thon!

Are you participating in this epic read-a-thon? Comment down below if you are and link any TBR’s if you made one! I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment