Monday, November 27, 2017

One Dark Throne Spoiler Free Review

One Dark Throne Review


Book: One Dark Throne
Author: Kendare Blake
Genre: YA Fantasy
Rating (out of 5):


The battle for the Crown has begun, but which of the three sisters will prevail?
With the unforgettable events of the Quickening behind them and the Ascension Year underway, all bets are off. Katharine, once the weak and feeble sister, is stronger than ever before. Arsinoe, after discovering the truth about her powers, must figure out how to make her secret talent work in her favor without anyone finding out. And Mirabella, once thought to be the strongest sister of all and the certain Queen Crowned, faces attacks like never before—ones that put those around her in danger she can’t seem to prevent.
In this enthralling sequel to Kendare Blake’s New York Times bestselling Three Dark Crowns, Fennbirn’s deadliest queens must face the one thing standing in their way of the crown: each other.
Last year, in May, I heard about a book that sounded fascinating! It was pitched as a high fantasy battle between three sisters to decide who becomes queen! It sounded so awesome, so I immediately jumped online and preordered it! Once it came, I devoured it and LOVED it! I even tried forcing all of my friends to read it, but they haven’t yet, so… This book was Three Dark Crowns, one of my favorite books of last year! So, you can imagine my excitement when I finally got around to reading its sequel, One Dark Throne! And boy oh boy did it live up to expectations! This book was a rollercoaster, full of twists and turns, and I was on the edge of my seat from beginning to end!
There is not one thing about this book I did not love! I have read that a lot of people think that the first half of the book is rather dull and does not pick up until the last 30%, but for me that is far from the truth! There are so many characters, so many moving parts, so much going on that I could never be bored! I read the whole book in 3 days because it was that good!
The characters in this book are what make it so loveable! In the first book I had so much trouble picking a favorite sister because they all had such unique stories and motives! In this book it was easier to pick the sister I didn’t like, but I still feel a connection to all three! The back story and the relationships between the sisters was explored more, which added an extra element to all of their personalities. This book also adds in the concept of the suitors, which gave it some interesting drama. If any other author had written this book there would have been a love triangle, but Kendare Blake built her characters so uniquely and with such clear motives and loyalties that it never happened! I loved that for once there is a YA fantasy with loyal relationships!
The politics and world building are amped up to a new level in this book, which I loved! Like I mentioned before, the history was added in some and more of the inner workings of the families were revealed! My favorite thing about fantasy is the world building, so I was so here for learning more of the stories and rituals that they have!
If y’all know me at all, you know I love a classic competition! Throne of Glass, The Night Circus, The Crown’s Game, if there’s a competition, I’m there! In the first book, the idea of the competition had just been introduced, but it hit full force in this book! I was living for it! There were duals, hunts, trickery, everything that makes for a good competition!
This series was originally a duology, but it has been extended to 4 books! At first, I was a little mad because I thought things would start to drag. But, in classic Three Dark Crowns style, this book ended with so many questions and a crazy plot twist (not quite as crazy as the first book, but it’s up there)! Now there has to be at least one more book and I need it now! Ahhh!
Have you read One Dark Throne? What did you think? Comment below so we can talk about books!

No comments:

Post a Comment