Friday, April 14, 2017

Easter Songs

Easter Songs
I know we all have our favorite christmas songs, but I have quite a few favorite easter songs, too! These songs remind me of what Jesus did to save me from my sin and celebrate the new life that we have found in him! If you have never heard any of these songs, I have created a playlist so that you can listen and enjoy them as much as I do!
  1. “True Love” by Phil Wickham is a beautiful song about when Jesus died. It is rather slow and sad, but powerful in reminding us what Jesus took on so we could live. My favorite lines are “When blood and water hit the ground, walls we couldn’t move came crashing down, we were free and made alive, the day that true love died.” This song is so beautiful in saying that we are made alive when Jesus died, that the day he dies marks the day I lived.
  2. “Glorious Day” by Passion is very upbeat and exciting. It says, “You called my name and I ran out of that grave, out of the darkness into your glorious day.” This song reminds me to be joyful for the new life I have been given. While “True Love” is beautiful and powerful, this is a song for celebration!
  3. Christ is Risen by Matt Maher is a call to come and be with Jesus now that he has risen. The words are, “Christ is risen from the dead, we are one with him again, come awake, come and rise up from the grave.” He shouts that our God is not dead, he is risen and we need to be with him! This song is so catchy and has such a wonderful message!
  4. Hosanna by Hillsong United is a classic Easter song to me. The chorus is, “Hosanna, Hosanna in the highest.” This song focuses on the glory of God, using the words that were shouted before Jesus as he entered into the city.
  5. Length of the Cross by Chris Quilala is another upbeat song. It says, “How long will You wait for me, and how vast is Your love for me, and how far would You run for me, the length of the cross.” In this song, we see the lengths that Jesus went to, so that we could be free. I love this song, as it is so encouraging and joyful!
Check out the playlist here.
Do you have any favorite Easter songs? Please comment them below! I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment