Wednesday, May 2, 2018

May 2018 TBR

        It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these, but I am really excited about all the books I have lined up to read this month, so here is my May TBR! I have a lot going on this month, so it seems like I would have less time to read, but it honestly motivates me more. Kinda backwards, but I don’t know. Maybe it’s just me pretending I don’t have a lot of work to do… Anyways, here are all the books I am planning on reading this month!
          The first book is Educated by Tara Westover. I started this one two days ago and am already 70% done, so I get the feeling I will finish this one in the next day or so! It is a memoir about a girl who never goes to school and instead stays at home with her extremly mormon family preparing for the end days. It is very Glass Castle esque and I am loving it, because it is so different from anything I understand and it is interesting to see the way other people grew up.
          The next book I am currently reading is Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay. I had never heard of this one, but I needed an audiobook the other day because I had a few hours worth of menial tasks to do. It is described as a sleeping beauty retelling, but from what I can tell, it seems more like Mulan. Aurora is a princess whose parents are dead, her throne taken by an ogre queen. Her brother was captured and she disguised herself as him, using her fae-gift of strength to summon an army to get her brother and her throne back. It is a multi-perspective ya fantasy novel that I am really enjoying so far!
          After that, I am going to read The Librarian of Auschwitz by Antonio Iturbe. I am not entirely sure what this is about other than what I can gather from the title. I am excited to go into this one with no expectations and no particular idea about what this book is about, other than books and the Holocaust. Sometimes it is nice to go into a book blind!
          The book I will be reading as soon as it arrives in the mail is A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas. This may be my most anticipated book ever, so I am so excited to be getting it in the next few days! I can almost guarantee my family will not be seeing any trace of me until I finish this book!
         After that, I am hoping to finish Once and for All by Sarah Dessen. This is a contemporary novel about wedding planning and I am enjoying what I have read so far! I love Sarah Dessen, so I think this will be a great read!
          The final book I will be finishing is Looking For Lovely by Annie F. Downs. I have been slowly reading through this book for the past month or so, but I am about 75% done now, so I should finish it by the end of May! I love Annie and how real her voice is, it is refreshing to read from!
That’s it for my May TBR! What are you planning on reading this month?


No comments:

Post a Comment