Friday, January 13, 2017

The Pics or it Didn’t Happen Mentality

The Pics or it Didn’t Happen Mentality
The other day I was casually scrolling through some social networking site and I stumbled across a post about a squirrel dancing or a shark costume or something. The creator of the post claimed something completely outlandish and a commenter replied with the notorious, “Pics or it didn’t happen.” This random person couldn’t believe in an apple the size of his foot or a flying pencil, so they asked for proof. There isn’t really anything wrong with this situation, but how often do we do this God?
I often find myself saying, “God, give me a sign.” In saying this, we are saying, “God, you seem a bit off your rocker. Are you sure this is what you want?” or “God, I’m not sure I believe you. Can you give me evidence?” We question the validity of what God is trying to tell us. But, that completely defeats the purpose of faith. Hebrews 11:1 says, “For faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” This verse clearly states that we cannot see God or what he is doing. We must trust his word to be true and his plans to lead us in the right direction.

Having faith causes us to trust God and what he is doing. If you ask for proof, God may give it to you. For example, in Judges 6:36-40 Gideon asked God to prove he was there, and God did it. But, to have true faith and to rely fully on God, we must let go of our doubts and trust him to do what he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment