Monday, February 6, 2017

Top 10 New Testament Verses

Top 10 New Testament Verses
The New Testament is the story of God’s love for his people. It is full of wisdom and encouragement in running the race that is Christian life. I picked out my 10 favorite verses to share with y’all today. I hope you find the comfort and the grace of God in these verses, and that they will encourage you in your daily life!
  1. Matthew 10:27 “What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs” I love this verse because it tells us to share the love of Christ with the entire world.
  2. Matthew 11:28-30 “Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls, for my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” This verse gives me so much peace. Knowing that I can come and lay all of my baggage down at the foot of the cross lightens my heart and my mind.
  3. Matthew 19:26. “But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” I prefer this verse to Philippians 4:13 because it gives all the glory to God. I cannot do anything by myself, but when God is there, all things are possible.
  4. Matthew 20:28 “just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” This verse explains the entire gospel to me. It states that Jesus came to serve all his people and to give up his life for us. In response to that, we must love and serve as Jesus did.
  5. Luke 9:23-26 “Then he said to them all: ‘Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it. What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit their very self? Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.’” To follow Jesus, you must put in work and time every single day. Everyday you need to wake up and dedicate your day to following Jesus and doing as he says. If you give away your earthly life, you will gain a heavenly life. Do not be ashamed of Jesus, for he is the one that has saved you. This verse is such a good reminder of how we need to act and the dedication that needs to be put into a relationship with Jesus.
  6. John 1:1-5 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.” This verse reminds me of the eternity of God. He has always been and always will be. He shines through our dark lives and removes sin from the picture.
  7. Romans 12:9-21. This is a very long passage, but it talks about loving your enemies. It is not our place to judge, but it is our place to love. My favorite verse in this passage is verse 21, which states “Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.”
  8. 2 Corinthians 1:3-7. Another long passage, this one is about how God comforts us. It is titled “Praise to the God of All Comfort”, which is amazing to me. God comforts us, so that we can comfort others. In our troubles, he is there. He is there in our times of suffering and our times of comfort, always fueling us so that we can help others.
  9. Ephesians 3:16-21 “I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.” This is just part of the verse, because it is another long one, but it is so amazing. This is my favorite prayer of all time! It talks about how Christ strengthens us and his deep love for us. This is so powerful to me and so important.
  10. Philippians 1:9-11 “And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ,  filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.” Another one of Paul’s powerful prayers, that talks about the deep and abounding love that we need to have for people. We need to do what Christ has ordained always to the glory of God.
These are 10 of my favorite verses from the New Testament. What are you favorites? Please comment below! I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment