Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Female Music Artists


Female Music Artists
There is so much amazing Christian music out there, but today I want to focus on female artists.  These are some of my favorite female artists. They have upbeat music that is so uplifting. They also all have amazing life experiences that they have shared, so I would definitely recommend looking more into each of these women.  
Francesca Battistelli has lots of music, dating back as far as 2004 when she published her first indie album. Her album, My Paper Heart, came out in 2008 and is her first non-indie album. She has many amazing songs, and all of her albums have a unique, individual sound. Her songs are so relatable, and you can identify with what they are saying.  My favorite songs of hers are “If We’re Honest”, “This is the Stuff”, “I’m Letting go”, and “Hundred More Years”.
Jamie Grace is a singer/ songwriter from Georgia. She is on TobyMac’s label which includes Capital Kings, Hollyn, Ryan Stevenson, and over 40 more Christian bands. She has a youtube channel, which is titled Jamie Grace, where she talks about anything and everything. She has some pretty radical ideas about dating and guys, which she talks about a lot on her channel and in her music. I love everything on her album One Song at a Time, so I don’t know if I can recommend just one. On her second album, Ready to Fly, I could listen to “Just a Friend” on repeat for hours.
Hollyn is also on TobyMac’s label, and she has really great music. She has some contemporary music, like all the other women on this list, but she also has a few rap songs. She started out by posting covers of popular songs onto youtube, and that is how she got discovered. She is fairly new to the music market, but many of her songs have made it onto the top charts. I love her song “Steady Me”, and her cover of Lecrae’s “All I Need is You” is amazing.
Britt Nicole is best known for her song “Gold”, which hit the Pop Charts in 2012. She has four albums full of awesome music, and it only gets better the more you listen. Her album Gold  was nominated for the Best Contemporary Christian Album at the 55th Grammys. She is a very talented singer, songwriter, and dancer. She has a new album coming out next year, but you can already hear the recordings online. “Still That Girl” is my all time favorite song of her’s, but her new song, “Falling in Love”, is a close second.
Moriah Peters is an awesome musician from California. She is married to Joel of For King and Country, and the story of their relationship is really beautiful. Her music is empowering, and she is one of the artists that got me into Christian music. Her song “Well Done” is the first of her’s that I heard when my mom recommended we play it at children’s ministry at church. Since then, my favorites of her’s are “I’ll Wait For You” and “Stand Strong”.
1 Girl Nation is a group that used to be 5 girls, but now it is only 3. Their albums, 1 Girl Nation and United, have lots of music with a great message for tweenage girls. All of the girls in the band are amazing, and they also make youtube videos on their channel, 1GirlNation, that are super fun. My personal favorites of theirs are “Live For You” and “Love Like Crazy”.
To continue the love, here is a Spotify playlist that includes all the songs mentioned above, and many more by some other amazing female artists. https://open.spotify.com/user/lkkmusic6/playlist/7fz23M59zYfF2CFN5GNguZ

1 comment:

  1. This is highly informatics, crisp and clear. I think that everything has been described in systematic manner so that reader could get maximum information and learn many things. Lofi Study Beats

    ReplyDelete