Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Mid Week Music: Tim Timmons

Tim Timmons
Tim Timmons is one of my all time favorite contemporary Christian artists. He was diagnosed with terminal cancer in 2001 and was told he only had 5 years to live. He had a hard year of surgeries, but he and his wife decided to live as if he wasn’t going to die. They didn't worry about what things would be like after he was gone, they trusted God. He has used his music to establish and grow in a relationship with God. He said he had always known about Jesus but never knew Jesus, so he took the step to be in a constant relationship with him. He has a hopeful and outgoing personality that is so refreshing in this dark world.  
He has two albums out, Cast My Cares (2013) and Awake Our Souls (2015). Cast My Cares was his album for reconnecting with God, and Awake Our Souls is a celebration of life with God. You can tell these ideas were the topics for these albums in the way the songs were composed and the words that were used. Cast My Cares has a lot of songs about relying on God, while Awake Our Souls is about living for God and what we do in response to his great love.
My favorite songs of his are “Everywhere I Go”, “Starts With Me”,and “Like I’ve Been Changed”. All of his songs are so wonderful and I simply love everything he has ever released. His music speaks to me on so many levels and really inspires to pursue a deeper relationship with God.

Other artists like him are 7th Time Down, One Sonic Society, All Sons and Daughters, Jason Gray, Brandon Heath, Big Daddy Weave, and Citizen Way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment