Saturday, November 4, 2017

Come to Me

Come to me, I'm all you need
Come to me, I'm everything
Come to me, I'm all you need
Come to me, I'm your everything
Come to Me by Bethel
At the end of September, everything fell apart. My peace was gone, my joy was buried. I didn’t know how I could find my way out. As October came, the hits came harder. You think that things can’t get worse, but then they do. You think the suffering you have endured is enough, but you can’t tap out. And as October came to a close, with all the trials those 30 days had brought behind me, I reached a place of in-between. I no longer felt helpless, but I still wasn’t ready to praise the Lord. The sting was still there, but I hadn’t found what I had lost.
Last month I posted about distraction, exhaustion, joy, being caught in the net of the world, being in the in between, and ultimately letting your light shine for Jesus. I was stuck, stuck in a place where I didn’t know if tomorrow would be better or worse. Each day brought new news, some days good, other days bad.
Looking back at it now, I would have done things differently. I was living in fear, instead of living in the light of salvation. I sang about how I needed God and I wrote about how to find in the dark times, but I never sought him out myself. I had to force myself into quiet time and prayer, the desire was there but the actions were not. If I could change how I handled this, I would have tried harder to keep my relationship with the Lord. It was there, but it was fleeting. I only called in him where I really needed it.
I firmly believe that he had prepared me for this time and that I will come out stronger from it. The Lord does not send you into trials blind, he is your guide, he is your light. The past year he has show me peace, joy, and love, the likes of which I had never seen before. He taught me to dance through the darkness, to celebrate even when my heart was heavy. He put people in my life who brought me through this. He taught me to rely on others instead of doing it myself. He taught me to cry out to him in my need and to praise his name in my joys. And most of all, he taught me to come to him with everything.
If I have learned one thing in my life, it’s that I cannot carry my burden by myself. This is where Come to Me comes in. This song became my battle cry, a reminder that the Lord is stronger than I, he will not sway in the storm. When the world fails me, he is there, he is true. In the hard times, in the good times, in the in-between times, he wants us to bring our everything to him. This song is so powerful, such a good reminder that the Lord is our rock. And that rock will not move.   
He reminds us that no prayer is too small (or too big). He knows the desires of your heart, he knows where you come from, he knows what you need. He wants to hear it all from you. He wants you to call on him. He loves talking to you, for the Lord rejoices when we come to him.
In the hard times, don’t leave your faith by the wayside, don’t let that relationship become one sided. The Lord will always speak to you, it’s a matter of you speaking to him. The Lord won’t ever leave you behind, he never sees you as a burden. He says on a daily basis that he wants to ease our sorrows. Don’t ever think for a second that your relationship with God is not worthwhile. Let it grow, nurture it.
In my dark time, I forgot to do this, and it hurt me. It made things worse because I was not with the Lord. I knew in my mind that he wanted me to be with him, but my heart couldn’t handle another break. I thought that letting him in would hurt me, that if he left I would shatter. But the Lord does not leave you or forsake you. You are not placing your hope in some fleeting idea or inanimate object, you are placing your hope in the creator of the universe. There is no heartbreak here, there is only love and peace. And yes, you will go through trials, but if you reach out your hand, he is always there. He is always behind and ahead and beside. He clears the path, guides your step, and watches your back.

Come to the Lord. That is his greatest desire, for his children to run to him. Don’t pretend he isn’t there when things get hard, lean into him. When you go through trials, don’t abandon him, trust him. He has never abandoned you and he never will. So, come to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment