Wednesday, December 6, 2017

12 Days of Christmas Read-a-Thon Announcement

I have always wanted to successfully participate in a read-a-thon, but they are never at a good time for me or the challenges aren’t fun! So, I decided to create my own read-a-ton! Yay!
This one is based around the 12 days of Christmas! The goal is to read as many books as you can, as we are nearing the end of the year! I know I still have a ways to go in my Goodreads goal and am hoping to use this read-a-thon to motivate me! There are challenges, but it is up to you if you use them or not! They are loosely based on the song (I tried, ok…), and you can use as many as you wish! If you do all of them, you will have read 12 books in 12 days (crazy!!!).
This read-a-thon runs from 12:00 am on December 14th through 11:59 pm on December 25th. This will be based off of whatever time zone you are in!

Challenges:
  1. Twelve Drummers Drumming: Read a book set during winter/ Christmas time!
  2. Eleven Pipers Piping: Read a 2017 release you really wanted to read this year!
  3. Ten Lords a Leaping: Read a book you have always skipped out on reading!
  4. Nine Ladies Dancing: Read a story that is a retelling!
  5. Eight Maids a Milking: Read a classic!
  6. Seven Swans a Swimming: Read an anthology, poetry collection, or graphic novel!
  7. Six Geese a Laying: Read a book under 100 pages!
  8. Five Golden Rings: Read a book set in a different world/ universe!
  9. Four Calling Birds: Read a book about friendship!
  10. Three French Hens: Read a book set in a different country/ place you’ve never been before!
  11. Two Turtle Doves: Read a book with a romance
  12. A Partridge in a Pear Tree: Read a standalone novel!

Social Media!
Follow my twitter @aboundingbooks for Twitter sprints and information! Use #12daysreadathon on Twitter and Instagram to share your posts with me! And be sure to follow my blog for more news like my TBR!

Comment your TBR below (or a link to a post)! I would love to see what you are reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment