Thursday, January 4, 2018

January TBR

        Happy 2018 everybody! I am so excited to see what books are in store for me this year! I had one of my best reading years last year, in terms of books read and average rating, and I am hoping to carry that into this year! My goals are to read at least a book a week and to read one non-fiction book per month! So, just keep on reading for my January TBR and to see how I am planning on accomplishing those goals this month!
        The first book I am hoping to finish is Once and For All by Sarah Dessen! I started reading it on New Year’s Eve (who needs to party when you have books) and I am hoping to finish it this week before I go back to school!
        Then, I am planning on reading A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi. I have heard such good things about this one and from the little bit I have already read, she has the most wonderful writing! I am excited to see what this world has in store for me!
         After that, I want to read Beasts Made of Night by Tochi Onyebuchi. I know very little about this book, but from what I know, it sounds awesome! It has something to do with eating people’s sins and I am very intrigued! (Plus, it’s under 300 pages, which is the kind of quick read I want right now!)
        Then, I plan on reading The Memory Trees by Kali Wallace. Again, I know very little about this one (I’m kinda sensing a theme here- it’s basically that I didn’t feel like doing any real research…). I saw it on a list of books where I also found The Graces, which I read last month and loved! It has also been shelved as paranormal mystery and magical realism on Goodreads, which is all I really need to know!
        At some point this month, I want to Auggie and Me by R.J. Palacio. I read Wonder last month and loved it, so I am excited to get a little bit more from these characters! It seems like a quick, cute read, which I am always in the mood for!
        My non-fiction book for this month is Unashamed by Lecrae. I started reading it a while ago and never finished, despite loving it! I love Lecrae’s music and his story is so interesting! I would love to understand him, and his music, a bit better!
         Lastly, I am really hoping to read Once Was a Time by Leila Sales. I was browsing in the middle grade section at my library, and the name stuck out to me. Then, I realized that it was the author of This Song Will Save Your Life, one of my favorite books of last year! This one is a time travel/historical fiction novel and I am so excited to read it!
       Okay, that is a lot of books, I know, but I’m feeling a bit overly ambitious right now! What books are you planning on reading this month? I would love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment