Monday, September 4, 2017

August Wrap Up and September TBR

Wow! It’s crazy that August is already over! This month, I read 4 books, which isn’t too bad, but not as good as I was hoping for. Since I was participating in #TheReadingQuest I was hoping to read more, but I enjoyed what I was able to read this month!
The first two books I had to read were for class. They were Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston and A History of the World in 6 Glasses. I did not enjoy either and have already ranted a decent amount about them on this blog, so I’m just going to leave it at that. Both received 2/5 stars.
Then, I read A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir and I loved it!  5/5 stars! It was everything I wanted and more! I have a full review on this blog, so go check it out!
Lastly, I read Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo and wow, this book was perfection! I loved the characters, the world, the plot, just everything! I read the Shadow and Bone trilogy a few years ago and didn’t love it, so my expectations for this weren’t too high. But boy was I wrong, this book was amazing! 5/5 stars!
In September, I am setting the bar rather low. I hope to read Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas, which is my most anticipated release for the year. After that, I am going to reread Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake and then move on to One Dark Throne, my second most anticipated release for this year!

What did you read in August and what are you planning on reading in September? Comment down below because I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment