Friday, October 20, 2017

Distracted

At the time I am writing this, I honestly cannot tell you the last time I actually sat down and had quiet time with the Lord. Yes, I have been at church and blogging and doing my bible journals, but I have just been doing them because it’s what I do. I’m the girl who lives at church and makes art inside a book. But, I haven’t been putting my heart into it lately. It’s why my instagram posts are more and more infrequent and my blogs are being posted at 11:00 pm because I just finished writing that one. In the past, my instagram posts were scheduled weeks in advance and I had at least 10 days of turn around for my blogs. I would always have quiet time and pray daily, but I have been distracted.
Distraction. It comes from everywhere. It’s found in school work, in friends, in reading, in TV, in every little thing you do. You say, “No more instagram, I can’t focus when I’m scrolling through it.” But then, you find yourself doing the same thing with something else. I find I do this because I want to be distracted. I don’t want to think about what is going on around me. But when I do finally stop, it all comes crashing down like a tidal wave. I want to take my mind off of all the hard things in life.

I don’t know if you were reading this to look for an answer, but I don’t have a good one. I am just as guilty of this and still working through it. All I can think to do is turn my eyes on God. Whenever I catch my mind drifting, my actions shifting, I need to slam on the breaks. I need to reorient myself daily around the Son, asking him to make his thoughts my thoughts and his actions my actions. So, all I have for you is to pray and worship and pray some more.
(Oh and the image above is of me and a friend trying to take a cute picture! Of course, I ruined it by being distracted...)

No comments:

Post a Comment