Tuesday, October 24, 2017

True Satisfaction

Earlier today I was scrolling through the search page on Instagram (a very dangerous black hole to fall into) and there were so many of those slime/ paint mixing videos! You know, the ones where they push food coloring around on a plate with a popsicle stick for 60 seconds… And you know what the description on all of these posts say? “S A T I S F Y I N G” “Comment satisfying in your language” “Satisfying Satisfying Satisfying” “Oh so satisfying” I may be the only one, but I don’t find that to be satisfying. Or entertaining. I really just don’t enjoy it, if I’m being honest (But no hate if you do, that’s just me).
But, if you find those things to be satisfying, let me tell you, there are so many other things in life that can bring satisfaction. Like writing that essay that you have been putting off by scrolling through the Instagram search page. Or maybe trying something new or helping some out. Satisfaction is the fulfillment of desire or needs and the pleasure associated with this. Just think for a second. What are the things in this life that truly satisfy you? That truly bring you pleasure? For me, these things are making my friends smile, hearing my cat purr, seeing people cheer each other on. I find true satisfaction in making other people joyful, in meeting that basic need of pleasure.

Even more than that, true satisfaction comes from the Lord alone. He fulfils all of our needs, erases all of our debts, brings us pleasure in the form of his love and strength. He is not slime being pushed around. He is life and breath. Only from the Lord can true feelings of contentment and pleasure come because he is one who knows our every need, our every desire. He paid the price so we could life a complete life with him. That is satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment