Friday, October 13, 2017

How I Structure my Quiet Time

We all want to have a good relationship with the Lord, but how many of us feel like we really do? Most likely, that is because you are not spending any time with him! The only way to build that relationship and see him working in your life is to take time each day to be in his presence!
I have always had a lot of trouble sticking with a consistent quiet time because I thought it had to be first thing when I get up in the morning or the last thing I do at night. But that never worked for me! Recently, I began doing my quiet time around 3 in the afternoon when I get home from school and it works so much better for me! I also do it outside a lot of the time (hence the eno picture)! You can have quiet time with the Lord anytime and anywhere you want- just make sure you are making time for him!
These are the steps to what I do in my quiet time! It is very hands-on, very artistic, because that is who I am as a person! Make your quiet time fit for you! The way I structure mine will not work for everyone, but hopefully it can give you some ideas!
  1. The first thing I do is play 3 or 4 worship songs on my guitar. This helps me to phase into my quiet time and puts me in a very peaceful mood. While I am reading, though, I put on a worship playlist on my computer!
  2. Then I pick the verse or passage I am going to study that day. It might be based off a devotional, blog, sermon, instagram post, or line from a song that I saw recently.
  3. I look up that verse on the Blue Letter Bible using the David Guzik study guide. I really love this version and it goes really deep into the history and meaning!
  4. As I read, I write down any notes that I find interesting or important in my study bible.
  5. After this, I get out my journaling bible and illustrate the main verse for the day.
  6. I close out with prayer. Some days this is just spoken and some days I make a list or letter in my prayer journal. It depends on how much I have going on and how much has changed since the last time I journaled.

And that’s it! That’s what my daily quiet time looks like! I know it is not typical, but I never was good at getting up early or following along with a devotional! This works perfectly for me and I want to encourage you to try new things in your quiet time, too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment