Monday, October 16, 2017

Finally Fall Book Tag

1. In fall, the air is crisp and clear: name a book with a vivid setting!
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern has some of the most beautiful, descriptive writing! You can feel the crisp air, taster the chocolate mice, smell the kettle corn, and envision perfectly the rows upon rows of black and white circus tents!
2. Nature is beautiful… but also dying: name a book that is beautifully written, but also deals with a heavy topic like loss or grief.
I have to go with The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. This book is told beautifully and the writing is amazing, but it deals with some really heavy stuff.
3. Fall is back to school season: share a non-fiction book that taught you something new.
I don’t read too much non-fiction, but I just finished On Writing by Stephen King for my literature class and I found some parts of it to be incredibly interesting!
4. In order to keep warm, it’s good to spend some time with the people we love: name a fictional family/household/friend-group that you’d like to be a part of.
The Inner Circle from A Court of Mist and Fury! I would give anything to see Velaris, to go to the Court of Dreams, or to fly with the Illyrians! They all have such an amazing dynamic and even just one dinner with them would be enough!
5. The colourful leaves are piling up on the ground: show us a pile of fall-colored spines!
I don’t have any fall spines, but I can show you some recent pictures from my instagram account, @katiesaboundingbooks!

6. Fall is the perfect time for some storytelling by the fireside: share a book wherein somebody is telling a story.
The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh! It is a retelling of A Thousand and One Nights, so throughout the novel Shahrazad is telling stories!
7. The nights are getting darker: share a dark, creepy read.
Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco is a very dark read! It is a YA historical mystery novel and it gets darker and darker as the story goes on. It is perfect to read this time of year!
8. The days are getting colder: name a short, heartwarming read that could warm up somebody’s cold and rainy day.
This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales! It is a coming of age novel about a girl who wants to be a DJ! It is about finding people who accept you as you are and it is a really easy to just sit down and finish it!
9. Fall (luckily, it’s my favourite season) returns every year: name an old favourite that you’d like to return to soon.
I would love to reread Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake soon! I have been anticipating reading the second book, but I am making myself wait until I get through the first one again! It is so good and so complex- I would highly reccomend it to someone looking for a new fantasy series to dive into!
10. Fall is the perfect time for cozy reading nights: share your favourite cozy reading “accessories”!
An sweatshirt, fuzzy blanket, my cat, and camomile tea!

What book are you looking forward to reading this season? Comment down below because I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment