Tuesday, October 10, 2017

My Journaling Bible

For about a year now I have been bible journaling. I have been pouring my heart out onto the pages of my bible through art. There are pages that I love, pages I never finished, and pages I don’t like all that much. It has come to represent my faith, the seasons I go through in life. I began in September of 2016 and since then, I have completed over 100 pages. 100 pages of faith, of love, of JOY!
I began this whole thing because I was in a rut with my faith. I needed something to express how I was feeling. I have never been able to commit to a devotional or bible reading plan, but I could commit to doing a journal page every other day! I find this fun and it has become the best part of my day! I read the passage on the page and then I begin with the art! It gets me into the word and allows me to create beautiful things with the talent God has given me!
My bible is a scrapbook of my faith- there are pictures taped in, letters written, notes transcribed from bible studies, and quotes that spoke to me from devotions, blog posts, or songs! I don’t have a special journaling bible- it is just a normal bible I got from my church. In it, I use acrylic paints, water colors, sharpies, colored pencils, crayola markers, stamps, stickers, washi tape, ball point pens, and watercolor brush pens! I don’t want it to be perfect, because I’m not. It is beautiful and messy, just like me! I’ve inserted lots of pictures below of pages I have never shared, some are pretty, some aren’t done, some are really ugly, but that is just like life. Some people see incomplete, unorganized, messy, unplanned mistakes, but I see my hard work, my love, my faith, and my source of joy! I see beautiful!
The cover and title page of my bible!
Some incomplete pages!
Some pages I don’t like that much!
Some pages I taped things onto!


Pages based around songs!
Watercolored Pages!
Pages that look REALLY similar!
Pages I actually journaled on!
And some other assorted pages!

This is just a fraction of the pages in my bible! To see more, check out @undeniable.joy on Instagram! Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment